Ah what a great week of reading some really diverse & fascinating posts by some of my most favorite ladies in the YA blogosphere! I almost want to do it all over again right now! Thank you to the 7 of your who took time from your schedules & your own blogs to feature your content here. I truly appreciated it & loved getting to read what you had to say.
And on to the recap! Here are some of the quirky or insightful things I learned this week:
- Sometimes the man of your dreams DOES exist & maybe he will find you! Who says happily ever after is only for books?
Thanks to Melissa @ Writer Grrl Reads
- Branding your blog to a specific genre encourages niche readers who are excited about your blog since you review books that they are interested in.
Thanks to NC @ Truly Bookish
- You don't have to read a gay or lesbian book just because it's a gay or lesbian book. You have to read it because it's a good book in it's own right.
Thanks to Eli @ Eli to the nth
- The best fictional guy to set your sister up on a date with is Wes, from The Truth About Forever, because the boy defines "sa-woon."
Thanks to Bookworm1858
- Wes is also the one fictional guy you should keep for yourself & NEVER share with your sister because he is just all sorts of wonderful.
Thanks to Alli @ Magnet4Books
- YA Literature may come under criticism for being too dark, too unrealistic, or just plain fluff but that's not the case. YA Lit Matters!
Thanks to Ash @ Typing Tiara
- Being attached to your own skin, mind, health, safety, chocolate, & especially COFFEE is next to impossible in some fictional worlds. And aren't we glad we don't live there?!
Thanks to Angie @ Pinkindle
See, it was a fantastic week! I hope that if you're just dropping by you'll go take a peek at what you missed because it was a lot of fun! Thank you again to my participants & I invite anyone who would be interested in a guest blogging showcase here to definitely comment or email!