This is completely tongue-in-cheek, because you KNOW I love my dystopians!
- Even if it's the end of the world, the apocalypse raining down fire & brimstone all around you, there is ALWAYS time for romance -- or at least some heartfelt angst. With zombies snapping their teeth at your jugular, your mind will definitely still have some room in it to wonder what it would be like for that one guy to run his fingers through your hair. Just give it a little time. You'll find out. Well, unless he's dead already.
- If the guy you love is already dead, don't worry. Just hold out a little bit longer because even with less than 1% of the population remaining, you will ALWAYS find your one true love on the journey toward saving yourself, your family, or your civilization. Because all the heroes are already on their way to saving the world when you finally decide to do it yourself. It's just in their blood.
- And the lower the number of available male specimens in the area, the more likely it is that they ALL will fall in love with you. It's not uncommon for 2 if not 3 or 4 guys to find you irresistible even before you have any kind of awesome character growth turning you into someone really worth while. Just learn to expect it. You won't have much of a choice.
- It will probably not be clear why any of you feel the way you do about each other but be assured that it will cause a lot of indecision, thus distracting you a great deal from the horrible situation you're in, what with it being the end of the world & all. Hey, it's easier to think about love than death, right?
- In the end, you will either have to break a heart or one leg of your triangle will sacrifice himself to save your life, leaving you unsure of whether or not you really want to be with the one remaining. Because, when all is said & done, it's not about the end of the world or the fact that you saved mankind. It's really about which guy's team your fans were on & which team won!
What has Reading YA Dystopian Fiction Taught YOU?