Are you a new book blogger? New Books for New Bloggers is for you!
(new bloggers have blogs that opened in the last 6 months and under 50 followers)

Indie Author Week: LM Long

Today we have the fabulous LM Long, author of Founder, here to kick off Indie Author Week! Check out her book and the prize pack she's giving away based on elements of Founder.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

 

     It's two o'clock in the morning and I'm in hiding.

     Some girls might be in a club, sparkly and shining, pumping fist to a thumping rhythm. Some girls might be drunk, in the back of a police car, hunched over and groaning- mascara running lines down their face. Some girls are doing things they're going to regret in the morning, walking home with heels in their hand.

     Smart girls are asleep.

     I am not a smart girl. I am not asleep.

     Remember when you were twelve and your mom would tell you to shut that light off, close that book, go to sleep? And you would say, "just one more chapter, puh-lease?"

     That was me for as long as I can remember. Except now I'm all grown up. There is no mom forcing me to close my book.

     However, I am married. Hence the hiding.

     My husband doesn't understand the obsession. Book obsession. My drug of choice.

     There used to be interventions now and then. He would find them under the bed, behind the couch, stuffed in the closet. He would box them up and insist I donate them to a new home.

     I remember having my first baby, her birth day. She spent most of the time sleeping or eating.

     I spent most of the time nursing or reading.

     It was heavenly. I got through three books that day.

     My mother visited me in the hospital. My daughter was asleep in her crib and I was in the middle of rereading Matilda.

     You know, she said, "you're not going to be able to read as much with children."

     My husband looked relieved and I just scoffed at her.

     I have three children now, and I read as much as ever.

     It's the sleep I've had to give up.

     It's two o'clock in the morning, and I'm praying the light from my iPad doesn't give me away.

     It's two o'clock in the morning, and I'm in hiding.

 

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The Book



They've been waiting for decades.
Hidden deep in the Amazon.
Financed by thousands.
A colony called Founder.
And one girl is about to unravel it all.
-- from Goodreads.com

The Author

LM Long is the sleep deprived author of Founder, a contemporary Young Adult Novel set in the Amazon Jungle, and based loosely on a true event. You can see more information on her website here (http://www.lmlong.com). Founder is available for purchase through Amazon and all e-readers. Visit LM Long's goodreads site.

The Giveaway


Fill out this form to win a prize pack of awesome themed swag based on the book Founder by LM Long! The Deadline is: CLOSED

7 comments:

  1. This was fun to read and its so great to see you back and blogging Jenny ^-^

    I'll be stopping by to check out the other posts this week!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dija! :) LM is a kindred spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Love the book. Love the post. You're so creative LM Long. I'll read anything you write. Can't wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man love the poem if it is a poem. I feel the same way no one gets my books obsession that is why i started my blog in the first place to find people and talk to people just as obsessed and in love with books as i am. This book by LM Long sounds very interesting. Thanks for the awesome giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember unexpectedly plowing through books after I had my first baby, too, and loving it. Reading really is the best escape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha love it... I'm planning on giving up sleep soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...